Squish Coco is a complete, cross-platform code coverage tool chain for C/C++.
Squish Coco provides wrappers for standard compilers to build instrumented versions of applications—with no source code changes necessary. Executing a test suite against an instrumented application produces data that Squish Coco can analyze. This analysis can be used to ensure that complete test coverage is achieved since it:
- Finds untested code sections.
- Finds redundant tests (i.e., tests that merely duplicate others).
- Finds dead code (i.e., code that is never executed).
- Computes the optimal order of test execution that will maximize the overall coverage.
- Compares the test coverage of two applications (e.g., two versions of an application) to identify the differences in test coverage—this makes it straightforward to add new tests to the new version to maintain the level of coverage.
Squish Coco is available on the following platforms:
- Embedded Operating Systems
- Linux (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X (32- and 64-bit)
- UNIX (AIX, Solaris, ...)
- Windows (32- and 64-bit)
Squish Coco works with GCC and with the platform's standard compiler where it is different (e.g., Visual Studio on Windows). In addition, Squish Coco can be made available and supported on other platforms and integrated with custom tool chains. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Squish Coco can be used at every stage of testing and with every testing method (unit tests, automated tests, manual tests, etc.). Furthermore, Squish Coco can merge multiple execution reports to provide advanced analysis.
Squish Coco is composed of three tools:
- CoverageScanner—this analyzes and instruments C and C++ applications.
- CoverageBrowser—a sophisticated GUI tool which displays and manages coverage analysis data and results. (Available to commercial licensees only.)
- Microsoft® Visual Studio Add-in—this optional tool generates code coverage configurations for all available C and C++ projects directly inside the Visual Studio IDE.
Squish Coco supports the following coverage levels:
- Function coverage
- Line coverage
- Decision coverage
- Condition coverage
- Condition/decision coverage
- Request a free and fully supported 30 day evaluation copy today.
- Watch a recording of a Squish Coco Webinar and read answers to many FAQs.
- Read more about Squish Coco's price & licensing.
- For use of Squish Coco non-commercial and Open Source projects: Squish Coco Non-Commercial Edition.
- Contact froglogic sales to request a live demo, to purchase Squish Coco licenses or for additional questions.
- Evaluation support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User discussion forum at www.froglogic.com/forum.