Standard vs. Custom Platforms
Squish runs on a large variety of platforms. The number of supported operating systems, hardware architectures, GUI toolkit and compilers adds up to a total of over 100 packages shipping with each release. Each of them comes with built-in knowledge of several dozens of standard UI controls and introspection features that provide basic support for custom controls.
If your platform is not among those listed in the download area, or your application is based on a different UI toolkit or has non-standard customizations, it's likely that some customization of Squish will be necessary. In most cases we can make these customizations available at an extra cost.
New Platform Ports
Internal abstraction layers make the source portable to new platforms with reasonable effort. Likewise, extension mechanisms allow for support of addition controls. Once our developers are provided with necessary configuration parameters, SDKs and - if necessary - reference hardware they can make the necessary source code changes and provide installable packages matching your platform. A detailed description of this customization service can be found below.
- Binary package builds that match out of the ordinary library versions, configurations or tool chains.
- Development of add-ons that "teach" Squish about 3rd party or customer-specific controls.
- Ports to embedded hardware or mobile devices. This may include the utilization of cross-compilers.
- Stripped down versions of Squish that reduce memory usage for embedded and mobile devices.
- Money Back Guarantee In the unlikely event that a porting project should not reach its goals within a specified time period you'll get your money back.
- Maintenance We will either merge newly implemented features into the main line product or keep your custom version in sync with standard product releases thus keep you abreast with new features.
- Support Technical product support will be available on equal footing with standard product versions.
- Information about non-standard compilers, toolkits, etc.
- References to custom hardware and SDKs.
- A list of custom controls.
- A sample application
To protect our customers' investment we can offer the following guarantees for customization projects:
As part of our customization service we make ports to a new platform not a one-time act but commit to integrating the work into the main product line or keeping it in sync to keep you abreast with new features being released.
If you are interested in our customization service please contact email@example.com for an offer. Along with your request please provide - when applicable and possible:
We will then get back to you with an offer that includes pricing information and a possible delivery date.