froglogic GmbH is happy to announce a maintenance release of its flagship product Squish, the preferred tool for creating automated GUI functional regression and system tests for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms.
Squish 6.4.3 is a patch release containing bug fixes and stability improvements for all editions of the product. The following section highlights a few of the enhancements:
- Removed unneeded reverse name lookup when attaching to an AUT by IP address, avoiding a 30 second delay when attaching to applications if the reverse name lookup runs into a timeout
- Resolved spurious warnings when editing BDD test cases claiming that no matching step definition can be found
macOS (Cocoa/Carbon) Edition
- Fixed picking of
NSButtoninstances on macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Added binary packages for Qt 5.12 on desktop platforms (macOS, Linux, Windows)
- Improved reliability of hooking into Firefox and Chrome
Windows (native) Edition
- Fixed regression which prevented loading of the UI Automation extension
This release provides a number of other code improvements and bug fixes. The 6.4.3 Release Notes provides a detailed list of all changes. The upcoming product release Squish 6.5 will offer new features for users of all editions, including new developments in Optical Character Recognition (OCR).