Squish tip of the week: What to automate next? How to best expand your automated test suite
Once you’ve established an initial test framework – perhaps you even followed the Squish Tip of the Week: Where to start? – how do you determine where to continue expanding the automated test suite?
New features! Features not even in Development (yet).
- As a team, write the new feature in Gherkin. That becomes your initial test.
- Automate the feature (yes, even before it’s implemented – see diagram’s Writing a failing test step)
- Development implements the feature from the same Gherkin feature file
- You make the automated test pass
Behavior Driven Development and Testing
If you haven’t already, request an evaluation of Squish 6.0beta, and begin automating features sooner with the introduction of BDD automation.
- Request your free 30 day Squish evaluation
- Learn more about Squish
- Other Squish Resources (videos, tech articles, user communities and more)