While other code coverage tools typically just accumulate coverage data Coco stores information per individual test. With an optional name and FAIL vs. PASS status assigned.
This way various types of analysis can be performed in the post-processing phase:
- Calculation of the optimal order of test execution that will most quickly maximize the overall coverage.
- Comparison of coverage between test executions
- Comparison of coverage between different software builds
- Analysis of test coverage for source code patches in the review process
- Determines minimal set of tests to cover a source code patch