Hamburg, Germany – 2010-02-22 froglogic GmbH today announced that Squish 4.0 Beta—a major new release—is now available.
Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in hundreds of companies both large and small, including, for example, ARM, American Power Conversion, EADS, Ericsson, France Telecom Group, General Electric, Reuters Financial Software, Siemens, Synopsys and Xilinx.
Squish 4.0 will deliver major new features including:
- Complete compatibility with existing tests created with Squish 3.x. Squish 4.0 includes considerably improved and extended testing APIs, but still supports the old Squish 3 ones to ensure that migration is as painless as possible.
- A completely new cross-platform GUI test development environment (IDE) based on Eclipse technology. The new IDE provides a much more convenient and powerful environment for creating and maintaining Squish tests. This includes new easy to use workflows, the ability to insert verification points while recording tests, the recording and insertion of test code snippets to extend existing tests, the ability to test an already running application, and much more. (The classic IDE is still provided so that customers can switch to using the new IDE separately, after they have completed the migration to using the Squish 4.0 tools, if they wish.)
- New Squish editions that support the automated GUI testing of native Windows and .NET Windows Forms applications, and also of Cocoa Touch iPhone applications.
- Several major improvements in the existing Squish editions, including advanced support for complex controls (e.g., Qt’s graphics/view framework and WebKit module), much better support for items in list, table, tree, and similar controls (and whose items can now be treated as objects in their own right), an extension plugin system for all Squish editions, improved and more convenient script APIs, greatly improved script recording that produces shorter and faster test scripts, and much more besides.
- Full support for the testing of hybrid GUI applications, such as testing web content embedded in a desktop GUI, native Windows controls embedded in Java, Qt, or Web GUIs or desktop applications started by web frontends via technologies such as Click Once or Java Web Start.
- A new Squish plugin to integrate Squish test runs into the Hudson framework.
- Squish’s toolkit wrappers now automatically support access to custom application objects, thus reducing or eliminating the need to create custom bindings.
- Greatly improved documentation, with new tutorials, far more examples in the user guide, an extensively updated and improved reference guide, and with test code for all quoted examples provided in all the scripting languages that Squish supports.
„We have worked really hard to make Squish 4.0 a significant improvement on the previous versions, with many new features that increase Squish’s convenience, power, and speed. And to ensure that our work was focused on the practical needs of our customers, we opened up access to snapshots and technology previews early on in the development process. This resulted in a lot of feedback from many customers, some of whom are already making substantial use of Squish 4.0 even though it is still pre-release! We are very excited to have reached the stage where we can now release a beta version. This means that Squish 4.0 is now feature complete, so we are concentrating our energies on stability so that we can release a great Squish 4.0-final edition in Spring 2010.“—Harri Porten, CEO and co-founder of froglogic.
The Squish 4.0 Beta is now available to froglogic’s customers and evaluators. If you are interested in Squish or would like to learn more about Squish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in different web browsers. froglogic also offers services in the areas QA/automated testing and C++/Qt programming and consulting. More about froglogic is at https://www.froglogic.com.
„froglogic“ and „Squish“ are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.