Safety standards and regulatory bodies mandate the use of code coverage analysis to ensure a proper degree of testing:
- ISO 26262 – Road vehicles – Functional safety
- EN 50128 – Railway applications
- DO 178 – Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- IEC 61508 – Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems
- FDA – Food and Drug Administration
- IEC 62304 – Medical device software – software life cycle processes
Coco features the calculation of the required coverage levels and is considered as fit for use for ensuring compliance to such standards.
See Code Coverage Metrics Recommended by ISO 26262 for an example of concrete standard recommendations from the automotive industry.