Hamburg, Germany – 2007-01-15 froglogic GmbH today announced version 3.1 of the leading, cross-platform automated UI testing tool Squish for Qt, Web/HTML/Ajax, Four J’s, Tk and XView applications. Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in companies such as Reuters Financial Software, EADS, Siemens, Synopsys, Xilinx and Trolltech.
This new release of Squish comes with many improvements and new features for all Squish editions. The new features were mainly driven by the feedback of Squish’s users and aim to make Squish even more powerful, robust and easy to use. A list of the major new features can be found at the end of this announcement.
« One of Squish’s major advantages is it’s versatility with regard to supported platforms and technologies while offering a tight integration into each supported technology. This new release comes with many general improvements as well as enhancement specific to individual editions. Such as improved support for version 4 of Trolltech’s Qt and Qtopia products and support for new Ajax/HTML toolkits. », said Reginald Stadlbauer, co-founder and CEO of froglogic.
While strongly improving the existing Squish editions, new editions broadening the scope of supported technologies will be released later this year. The first one will be Squish/Java for testing Swing/AWT/SWT/Eclipse/RCP applications which will become available in Q1 2007. Additionally froglogic offers new services to help customers being more effective and efficient with their test automation efforts.
Squish 3.1 is available for customers and evaluators in their download area now. If you are interested in any of the existing or upcoming Squish editions or would like to learn more about froglogic’s service offerings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
New features of Squish 3.1
- General improvements:
- Perl support for test scripts
- Event monitoring and continuous test result logging in improved control bar.
- Point & click insertion of synchronization points
- Logging of call stacks in case of application crashes
- Interactive script console in debugger and improved variable watcher
- Improved automatic object naming (automatic creation of more meaningful and readable symbolic names)
- Import Excel files as test data, export test results in Excel format
- Template support for test scripts
- Stress/Monkey Testing
- New and much more robust object identification and naming scheme (names expressed in previous scheme will continue to work)
- Improved support for Qt 4 widgets and classes
- Qt 4.2.x support
- Windows x64 support
- Reduced size and improved performance of Qt wrapper
- Support for non-intrusive testing on Intel Mac OS X
- Support for sending low-level windowing system events to native, non-Qt controls
- XPath support to efficiently access and query nodes in the web application’s DOM document from test scripts
- Screenshot comparisons
- New functions to synchronize on page loading completed
- New event types to catch opening of popup windows
- More specialized support for popular JS/Ajax frameworks such as Backbase, and qooxdoo.
- Added events which can be handled by Squish’s event handlers to catch opening Notice windows
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Tk or XView and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in different web browsers. froglogic also offers services in the areas QA/automated testing and Qt C++ programming and consulting. More about froglogic at https://www.froglogic.com.