Hamburg, Germany – 2015-09-01 froglogic GmbH announced today the release of Squish 6.0; featuring an end-to-end BDD solution with advanced reporting capabilities.
Squish GUI Tester is the market leading, functional test automation tool for cross-platform and cross-device GUI testing on desktop, embedded, mobile platforms and web browsers. In more than 3,500 QA departments around the world!
Squish 6.0 delivers end-to-end BDD support and Advanced Reporting capabilities
BDD support built into the Squish IDE
- Complete support for Feature Files written in Gherkin
- Gherkin Statement Completion
- Automate & Execute BDD tests (scenarios) directly from the Squish IDE
- Test step recording in any of Squish’s supported scripting languages
- Switch between Feature (BDD) and Implementation (Script) Files
- Unified BDD & Script Reporting
- Color-coded execution details directly within BDD Feature Files
- New modernized and comprehensive HTML reports
- Updated all script interpreters to newer versions
- GUI Coverage – An experimental feature for tracking UI coverage of tests (limited to Squish for Qt at this time)
Using BDD, stakeholders, managers, developers and testers alike communicate using a single business-readable language
Squish GUI Tester supports BDD & GUI test automation across several technologies, including the Qt, QML and QtQuick GUI toolkits, Java SWT/Eclipse RCP, Java AWT/Swing, JavaFX, Windows MFC, .NET WindowsForms and WPF, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android, and Web/HTML5/AJAX/Flex.
« We are very excited to release Squish 6.0. Over the past two years more and more users asked how they could use Squish with Behavior Driven Development and Testing. It was possible in Squish using 3rd-party integrations, but we realized a much tighter and improved integration was really needed. The level of BDD support in Squish 6.0 goes beyond what we initially envisioned, and far beyond what’s available in any other BDD framework today. We are really proud of what we created. »
— Reginald Stadlbauer, froglogic co-founder & CEO
With extremely tight integration for each supported GUI technology, Squish gives testers unprecedented access to application internals (data items, controls, widgets, etc.), creating robust and stable GUI tests, all while maintaining a BDD layer in a business-readable language.
Squish, and its tests, are fully cross-platform, working on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, embedded Linux, iOS, Android and several RTOSes. Learn More
Video: Squish and BDD
Learn More & Evaluate Squish
- New features in Squish 6.0
- Evaluate Squish – request a free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish 6.0.
- Register for Squish 6.0 Release Webinar – Learn Squish with BDD & More! (September 9th – Multiple Time Slots)
- For further questions contact email@example.com
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA with over 3,500 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing, SWT/RCP and JavaFX, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android and for HTML/Ajax/Flex-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic’s offering includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. More about froglogic is at https://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.