A custom, comprehensive qualification tool to gain the confidence you need to ensure your test processes meet safety standards.
For safety-critical software, like those dealing with electronic systems in automotive systems, safety protocols mandate that the tools involved in test processes be qualified in order to reach such standards. froglogic therefore offers a Tool Qualification Kit for Squish, a comprehensive, procedural approach to validating the tool’s behavior, tailored to the user’s processes, test environment and the safety protocols relevant to the software. Each kit we offer is designed on a case-by-case basis, fully customized to the safety context of your software, and results in a set of documents that can be made available to the appropriate authorities for tool qualification in order to reach a safety-critical standard. froglogic offers Tool Qualification Kits for several standards, including:
- ISO 26262: Road Vehicles – Functional Safety
- EN 50128: Railway Applications
- DO 178C: Airborne Systems
- IEC 61508: Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems
- IEC 62304: Medical Device Software – Software Life Cycle Processes
- ISO 13485: Medical Devices – Quality Management Systems
How It Works
froglogic works with the customer to design a custom Tool Qualification Report which can be delivered as a proof of a successful tool qualification process. This report, based on the client’s concrete use case and the requirements of the standard, is authored in tandem with the customer and froglogic, and details the comprehensive, procedural steps in the qualification process. It contains a description of Squish, the security measures a user needs to take in using the tool, and a list of tests a user must perform to ensure that Squish works correctly on their system. froglogic then provides each customer with a validator program, which executes these tests against Squish, based on a custom configuration which is guided by the customer’s specific use case. Upon successful validation, the validator will emit a report reviewing the test suite’s pass and failure status.
Build the trust and gain the confidence you need in your testing workflow.
The use of the Tool Qualification Kit offers several benefits, those chiefly being:
- Increased assurance of Squish’s use in your development processes.
- Significant savings in costs associated with having to dedicate time in preparing custom reports required by the standard.
- Reduction in the potential for human-error associated with manual qualification.
- The results of the qualification kit serve as internal and external documentation, and make the test processes of the team fully transparent.
- Peace of mind during routine auditing by authorities in control of safety-critical standards.
Contact us to learn more about how froglogic’s Tool Qualification Kit can help your department’s efforts to maintain its safety qualifications
Thank you %name%!
Your message has been successfully sent. We will contact you very soon!