froglogic Releases Squish 2.0, The Leading Qt GUI Test Tool
Hamburg, Germany - 2005-08-29 froglogic GmbH today announced the availability of Squish 2.0, the new version of the most advanced automated GUI testing framework for Qt applications.
With Squish 2.0, creating and running automated tests for Qt-based applications is easier than ever. While Squish's excellent script support continues to provide great flexibility when coding test scripts it now is also possible to create sophisticated test scripts using the Squish IDE without writing a single line of script code. This spans from recording a test case to inserting advanced verification points via a greatly improved point & click user interface. The combination of both worlds gives test engineer an easy-to-use tool with all the flexibility needed.
"This second major release of Squish will strengthen our position as the leading and most used Qt GUI testing tool even more", said Reginald Stadlbauer, froglogic's CEO. "We have implemented many new and useful features, dramatically improved performance and added support for Qt 4.0."
During Squish 2.0's development phase many customers and evaluators already started using the new version because of its major improvements. So Squish 2.0 is already used in production at many sites today.
"During our purchase evaluation, I compared our home-brewed testing tool to Squish (1.3 at the time) and found the speed difference similar to that of the tortoise & the hare. But now with Squish 2.0, it's like the hare hopped into an F-16 and hit the afterburner! Squish 2.0 is fast!", said Marc Seter, CTO at Selden Integrated Systems. "Inserting verification points is greatly improved! Not only is it easier than Squish 1.3, it's much, much faster! In less than 2 months of development time, we've achieved with Squish 2.0 what we were unable to achieve in 2 years with our own solution."
The main new features of Squish 2.0 are:
- Support for Trolltech's new Qt 4.0 on all platforms has been added in addition to Qt 2.3/Embedded, Qt 3.x (all platforms) support. The Qt 4.0 support is equal to Qt 2.3 and 3.x support including event compression for new complex widgets such as the item view widgets.
- Major speed improvements when executing tests or using Squish Spy.
- Major improvements for Squish on MacOS X.
- Completely reworked and extended documentation.
- Major usability improvements in Squish Spy when inserting verification points for object properties and screen shots.
- Also non-QObject objects such as list view and menu items can be accessed in Squish Spy now to allow inserting verification points for such objects without the need of writing script code.
- Improved verification point handling with additional script API and a verification point editor in the Squish IDE.
- Support for executing and controlling/testing multiple applications from one test script. This is specially useful when testing the interaction between different applications or multiple instances of the same applications such as in a client/server environment.
- New script API for advanced synchronization points such as waiting for a condition to become true (e.g. the value of a property changes, an object becomes visible, etc.)
- New script API to install event handlers. This allows to e.g. deal with error messages popping up unexpectedly during a test run.
- Improved error handling and diagnostics.
A flash demo of Squish 2.0 can be viewed at http://www.froglogic.com/download/demos/squish_2_intro/
Squish customers and evaluators can now find Squish 2.0 packages in their download area. For more information about Squish and its price and licensing, visit http://www.froglogic.com/squish. If you would like to evaluate or purchase Squish, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
froglogic GmbH is a software company offering Qt consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More about froglogic at http://www.froglogic.com.
August 2, 2016
August 9, 2016
July 19, 2016
July 12, 2016
July 7 2016
- Expo & Talk - Automatisierung von Multi-Platform und Device GUI Tests von GUIs
July 5, 2016
June 02 2016
May 1 - 6, 2016
Orlando, FL USA
- Expo (4th - 5th)
April 29 - 30 2016
- Expo & Training
April 13 - 14, 2016
Boston, MA USA
March 7 - 10, 2016
Reston, VA USA
- Expo (7th - 9th)
February 23 - 25, 2016
February 1 - 5, 2016
- Expo (2nd - 4th)