froglogic Releases Valgrind Support For Squish GUI Test Tool
Hamburg, Germany - 2005-09-06 froglogic GmbH today announced the availability of support for the Valgrind memory debugger in the GUI test tool Squish for Qt and XView.
Valgrind (http://www.valgrind.org) is an award-winning suite of tools for debugging and profiling Linux programs. With the tools that come with Valgrind, you can automatically detect many memory management and threading bugs, avoiding hours of frustrating bug-hunting, making your programs more stable. You can also perform detailed profiling, to speed up and reduce memory use of your programs.
froglogic now developed an add-on for Squish which allows to execute tests by running the AUT (application under test) through the Valgrind memory debugger. The results from Valgrind are added to Squish's test result log of the test run. In addition, the Squish IDE offers a GUI frontend to inspect the Valgrind log.
"Just like manual testing, the process of manually memory debugging an application is time-consuming and tedious. So why not combine automated testing and memory debugging and automatically run the tests through Valgrind" said Harri Porten, froglogic's Unix Platform Chief Engineer. "Using this new add-on, our customers can now combine two great technologies to create even better applications."
The following features are provided by Squish's Valgrind integration:
- Execute AUT in Valgrind on test runs from Squish IDE
- Execute AUT in Valgrind on test runs from the command line (squishrunner)
- Valgrind log is added to the result log and flagged as PASS or FAIL
- Configurable Valgrind options in the Squish IDE
- GUI frontend to hierarchically navigate and inspect Valgrind log in the Squish IDE
More information on the Valgrind add-on can be found at http://www.froglogic.com/squish/addons. If you would like to evaluate or purchase Squish or any of its add-ons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
froglogic GmbH is a software company offering Qt consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More about froglogic at http://www.froglogic.com.
October 25, 2016
November 3, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 29 - December 1 2016
- Congress for embedded system developers with seminars and lectures to software testing, software quality, software quality management, and much more.
October 18 - 20 2016
San Francisco, USA
- Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
October 18, 2016
October 11, 2016
October 6, 2016
September 29, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 13, 2016
September 6, 2016
September 1 - 4 2016
- Expo, Training & Talks
• Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
• Qt C++ and QML Code Coverage. Measure the degree of your testing
- Expo, Training & Talks
July 7 2016
- Expo & Talk - Automatisierung von Multi-Platform und Device GUI Tests von GUIs
June 02 2016
May 1 - 6, 2016
Orlando, FL USA
- Expo (4th - 5th)
April 29 - 30 2016
- Expo & Training
April 13 - 14, 2016
Boston, MA USA
March 7 - 10, 2016
Reston, VA USA
- Expo (7th - 9th)
February 23 - 25, 2016
February 1 - 5, 2016
- Expo (2nd - 4th)