froglogic Releases Squish GUI Tester 5.0
Hamburg, Germany – 2013-06-25 froglogic GmbH today announced that Squish 5.0—a major new version of the popular Squish GUI Tester —is now available.
Squish GUI Tester is the market leading, functional test automation tool for cross-platform and cross-device GUI testing on desktop, embedded and mobile platforms as well as web browsers. With more than 3,000 QA departments around the world benefiting from Squish's tight integration with each supported GUI technology, teams are creating and executing robust, object-based automated GUI tests.
Squish and all the tests created with it, are completely cross-platform, and work on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, embedded Linux, iOS, Android and several RTOSes.
"We are excited to release version 5.0 of our Squish GUI Tester, 10 years after Squish was first made available. Squish 5.0 comes with a large number of significant new features and improvements, such as Qt 5, QML/QtQuick and Android support, as well as many small improvements. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their feedback, which highly influenced the direction of Squish's development." said Harri Porten, froglogic's CTO. "This new release, with all the new editions, features and improvements, will further strengthen our leading position in the cross-platform and cross-device GUI test automation market."
Squish 5.0 delivers several new features including:
- New editions to automate mobile Android Apps on both devices and emulators and Rich Internet Applications based on Flex.
- Several improvements in the Squish IDE such as a "highlight" and "up" button in the Spy, the ability to insert comments while recording, improved code completion and more.
- General improvements such as APIs for interactive test scripts, improved 64-bit support, improved report generation, better highlighting for image differences and more.
- Support for testing Qt 5 applications based on Qt widgets, QtQuick/QML 2 and QtWebKit 2.
- Support for testing Qt GUIs on WinCE and RTOSes.
- Support for testing Java applications utilizing the new JavaFX GUI technology.
- Support for automating more custom Windows control sets such as Delphi, Telerik and WPF Ribbon controls.
- Support for automating custom Windows controls based on the Microsoft Accessibility Architecture (MSAA).
- Support for automating embedded Web content (WebKit) in native applications on Mac OS X (Cocoa), iOS (CocoaTouch) and Android.
- An integration plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager 2010 and 2012.
- Several improvements in Squish for Web for new web browser versions and improved object handling.
- Support for automating drag and drop interactions in Squish for Tk.
- Several usability improvements in the Squish IDE.
A detailed list of changes since Squish 4.2 is available at http://doc.froglogic.com/squish/5.0/rel-500.html.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA with over 3,000 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing, SWT/RCP and JavaFX, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android and for HTML/Ajax/Flex-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic's offering includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. More about froglogic is at http://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
October 25, 2016
November 3, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 29 - December 1 2016
- Congress for embedded system developers with seminars and lectures to software testing, software quality, software quality management, and much more.
October 18 - 20 2016
San Francisco, USA
- Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
October 18, 2016
October 11, 2016
October 6, 2016
September 29, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 13, 2016
September 6, 2016
September 1 - 4 2016
- Expo, Training & Talks
• Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
• Qt C++ and QML Code Coverage. Measure the degree of your testing
- Expo, Training & Talks
July 7 2016
- Expo & Talk - Automatisierung von Multi-Platform und Device GUI Tests von GUIs
June 02 2016
May 1 - 6, 2016
Orlando, FL USA
- Expo (4th - 5th)
April 29 - 30 2016
- Expo & Training
April 13 - 14, 2016
Boston, MA USA
March 7 - 10, 2016
Reston, VA USA
- Expo (7th - 9th)
February 23 - 25, 2016
February 1 - 5, 2016
- Expo (2nd - 4th)