Squish Coco 2.1.5 maintenance release
Hamburg, Germany – 2013-01-11 froglogic GmbH today announced a maintenance release of Squish Coco, a complete C and C++ code coverage tool chain for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix.
Squish Coco 2.1.5 incorporates the following improvements:
- New Feature: Support for precompiled headers for Microsoft® Visual Studio® compiler.
- New Feature: Xoreax IncrediBuild support (http://www.incredibuild.com/incredibuild-product-overview.html)
- Bug Fix: Wildcard expressions on relative paths are computed on the canonical path.
- New Feature: New command line options which permits to specify which extensions are used for C++ (--cs-cpp-ext) and C (--cs-c-ext) files.
- New Feature: New command line option which permits to set the tool chain path (--cs-native-toolchain).
- Change: Verbose command line option (--cs-verbose) permits to select if the build, the instrumentation or
the CoverageScanner API is instrumented. The verbose output of the
instrumented file is generated into a log file (name of the execution report with the extension
- Bug Fix:
-m64command line support for GCC.
- Bug Fix: Compilation issue on Microsoft® Visual Studio® for instrumented C++0x lambda function corrected.
- Bug Fix: Support of
__stdcallas default calling convention when compiling with Microsoft® Visual Studio®.
- New Feature: New command line option for UNIX®platform which permits to generate a coverage report on the reception of a signal (--cs-dump-on-signal).
- New Feature: New command line option for Microsoft® Windows platform which permits to generate a coverage report on the reception of an event (--cs-dump-on-event).
- Change: Instrumentation tables of libraries are chained together during the runtime when compiling with Microsoft® Visual Studio®. The old behaviour can be restored with --cs-link-instrumentation-tables.
- Change: cmreport generate now per default a code coverage report at decision/condition level with line coverage for uncovered lines.
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Add-In
- Change: Microsoft® Visual Studio® Add-In does not disable the precompiled headers anymore.
See the v2.1.5 release notes for a more detailed list.
About Squish Coco
Squish Coco is a complete code coverage tool chain for C and C++ applications that can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix. Squish Coco provides a wrapper for standard compilers (including GCC and Visual Studio) that instruments the source code that the compiler sees (without touching the original code). If the instrumented application's test suite is run the application will report all kinds of useful information, including:
- Dead (never executed) code.
- Optimal test execution order so as to maximize the overall test coverage for each run.
- Redundant tests.
- Untested code.
In addition, Squish Coco can compare two different versions of an application (e.g., current and candidate releases) to see what effects their differences have on their tests and test coverage.
Squish Coco can be used at every stage of testing and in conjunction with every kind of testing method (unit tests, automated tests, manual tests, etc.), and can collect and merge different tests' execution reports to support advanced analysis.
Squish Coco consists of two tools and an optional add-on:
- CoverageScanner—this tool analyzes and instruments C and C++ applications.
- CoverageBrowser—this tool provides an easy to use GUI which can manage and display the coverage analysis results.
- An optional Microsoft Visual Studio add-on, which can generate code coverage configurations for C and C++ projects directly from inside the Visual Studio IDE.
Squish Coco supports the following kinds of coverage:
- Condition coverage
- Condition/decision coverage
- Decision coverage
- Function coverage
- Statement coverage
More information about Squish Coco can be found on its product page.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA and UK with ca. 2,000 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic's offering now includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. More about froglogic is at http://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
November 3, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 17, 2016
November 29 - December 1 2016
- Congress for embedded system developers with seminars and lectures to software testing, software quality, software quality management, and much more.
October 18 - 20 2016
San Francisco, USA
- Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
October 18, 2016
October 11, 2016
October 6, 2016
September 29, 2016
September 29, 2016
September 13, 2016
September 6, 2016
September 1 - 4 2016
- Expo, Training & Talks
• Automating HMI- and System-Tests for Qt and QML Frontends
• Qt C++ and QML Code Coverage. Measure the degree of your testing
- Expo, Training & Talks
July 7 2016
- Expo & Talk - Automatisierung von Multi-Platform und Device GUI Tests von GUIs
June 02 2016
May 1 - 6, 2016
Orlando, FL USA
- Expo (4th - 5th)
April 29 - 30 2016
- Expo & Training
April 13 - 14, 2016
Boston, MA USA
March 7 - 10, 2016
Reston, VA USA
- Expo (7th - 9th)
February 23 - 25, 2016
February 1 - 5, 2016
- Expo (2nd - 4th)