Hamburg, Germany – 2006-05-15 froglogic GmbH today announced the availability of Squish 3.0 beta.
Squish is the leading GUI test tool for Qt-based applications making it possible to create automated GUI tests for Qt applications on different platforms such as Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X and embedded Linux. With Squish 3.0, froglogic didn’t only add many new and useful features to strengthen its position as the leading and most used GUI testing tool for Qt applications, but froglogic also created two new editions of Squish:
- Squish/Web: Using Squish/Web it is possible to create and run test for HTML-based web applications in different web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Firefox, Apple’s Safari and KDE’s Konqueror. Squish/Web maps the DOM tree of an (D)HTML document to Squish’s object model. This allows for inspecting the whole DOM tree of a document using Squish Spy, record and replay high-level actions on any HTML elements and call and access the DOM API from within test scripts.
- Squish/Tk: This new edition allows testing pure Tcl/Tk-based applications and also mixed Qt/Tk aplications using froglogic’s Tq technology. Similar to Squish/Qt and Squish/XView, the complete Tk widget set and its complete API is accessible from Squish Spy and test scripts and actions can be recorded and replayed on all Tk controls.
“The new features and editions of Squish 3.0 were mostly driven and inspired by our customers, their demands and feedback which ensures that we deliver exactly what our users need and furthermore strengtens our strong position in the cross-platform GUI testing market”, said Regainld Stadlbauer, froglogic’s co-founder and Director of R&D Products. “It also was a pleasure working on this new release with our growing and highly skilled development team.”
During Squish 3.0’s development phase many customers and evaluators already started using the new version because of its major improvements and new editions. So Squish 3.0 is already used in production at many sites today.
The main new features of Squish 3.0 are:
- The two new Squish/Web and Squish/Tk editions
- Recording and running tests on sub-processes started by the AUT
- Attaching to an already running AUT for testing
- Built-in Hook for special application environments
- Portable and robust Drag’n’Drop support
- Improved synchronization in recorded scripts
- Various improvements in the Squish IDE
- Improved Qt 4 Support
- Addition script APIs for testing
- Optional distribution as binary packages
- New utilities to inspect wrapper libraries and convert verification points
- Many small improvements
For details, please visit https://www.froglogic.com/new-in-squish
Squish customers and evaluators can now find Squish 3.0 beta packages in their download area. The final release is planned for the beginning of June 2006.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, a professional automated test tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Tk or XView and for HTML-based web applications running in different web browsers. froglogic also offers Qt consultancy services and other and Qt-based development tools such as the Tcl/Tk/Qt migration framework Tq. More about froglogic at www.froglogic.com.