Hamburg, Germany – 2016-07-05 froglogic GmbH announced today the beta release of Squish 6.1; featuring visual regression testing and convenient application window and screen control.
Squish GUI Tester is the market leading, functional test automation tool for cross-platform and cross-device GUI testing on desktop, embedded, mobile platforms and web browsers. In more than 3,500 QA departments around the world!
Squish 6.1 Beta delivers new features applicable to all editions of the product.
Visual Verification Points
Checks of the visual appearance of an application that includes all of object properties, geometries and pixels in a single comparison algorithm. If needed tolerances can be configured to deal with resized windows and changing content.
- Check of on-screen display of dialogs, whole application windows or subsections
- Area segmentation and comparison per individual UI control
- Size and content properties comparison against expected values
Window and Screen API
Cross-platform scripting interfaces for interaction with application windows and the display. Examples: resizing and closing of windows and rotation of the screen for mobile devices.
- Generic interactions with toplevel windows such as minimizing, maximing, closing or moving windows
- Querying information about the connected screens (e.g. display resolution)
Qt applications using the Chromium-based QtWebKit replacement can test HTML content embedded into QWidget and QML applications.
- Support for QtWebEngine which replaces QtWebKit
Improved Squish Installer
Modern look & feel
- Unattended installations for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Creation of shortcuts on the desktop and start menu (optional)
Cross-platform Clipboard Access
- Getting and setting the clipboard text content on a machine where the AUT (Application Under Test) is running
- Possibility to save snapshots of (sub-)trees of the AUT’s object hierarchy
- Therefore simplification of test failures and interaction with technical support
New Screenshot comparison method
Grabbed application screenshots can be compared within defined tolerance ranges even when having different sizes.
Visual Verification Points
Learn More & Evaluate Squish
- Squish 6.1 Beta Release Notes
- Request a free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish 6.1 Beta
- For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA with over 3,500 customers world-wide. froglogic is well known for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing, SWT/RCP and JavaFX, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android and for HTML/Ajax/Flex-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic offers the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. Find out more about us and our products at https://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.