Hamburg, Germany – 2004-09-01 froglogic today announced the availability of Squish 1.2, the new version of the automated GUI testing framework for Qt applications.
“In our role as the main Qt reseller for the Japanese market we have sold Squish to our customers, and they are very happy with it. It is a professional testing framework for Qt applications and integrates well with a Japanese environment.” said Hiroki Takada from Software Research Associates, Inc.
The main new features of Squish 1.2 are:
- Improvements to the Squish Debugger: The Squish Debugger now allows to execute a test case until a specified point (breakpoint) and it is possible to continue recording from there. This makes it much easier to add new functionality and tests to a test case without having to repeat the initial steps over and over again.
- More Flexible Installation: Support for sharing of Squish installations between multiple machines has been simplified. This allows to compile Squish once and distribute it to other machines on the same site without problems.
- More Flexible Configuration: When running tests against different versions of an application it is be possible to store the test suite settings (arguments, environment variables, paths, etc.) depending on the version of the AUT. This way testing multiple versions of an application is possible without additional configuration efforts.
The smaller improvements include:
- When the AUT crashes during recording the script is recorded up to the point of the crash
- Usability improvements in the Squish IDE
- Additional synchronization point options for recording
- Enriched documentation with more examples on testing specific Qt widgets
- Support for additional user-specific arguments in test verification commands which can be used when post-processing the test results
- Configurable current working directory for the AUT
- Improved error reporting
Squish customers and evaluators can now find Squish 1.2 packages in their download area. For more information about Squish and its price and licensing, visit https://www.froglogic.com/squish. If you would like to evaluate or buy Squish, please contact us at email@example.com.
froglogic GmbH is a software company offering Qt consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More about froglogic at https://www.froglogic.com.