We at froglogic GmbH are pleased to deliver a maintenance release of the Squish GUI Tester, the preferred tool for creating automated GUI functional regression and system tests for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms.
Squish 6.5.1 is a patch release containing bug fixes and stability improvements for all editions of the product. The following section highlights a few of the enhancements:
- Fixed an issue in the attachToApplication function causing it to fail attaching to applications which have many files opened concurrently
- Added a search field to the Objects view that allows to filter the objects view based on the name of objects, similar to the filter in the Properties view
- The language-specific means for importing external modules (e.g., import in Python) now also respect directories specified via the SQUISH_SCRIPT_DIR environment variable when looking up external files
- Fixed building Squish against a static Qt library on Unix/Linux
- Added support for testing Qt 5.13 applications
- Added support for the latest SWT GTK3 releases
- Fixed a problem with hooking Mozilla Firefox 68 on Windows. The problem caused the hookup to seem to work, but no broswer tab objects were accessible, leading to replay and recording errors and the Spy showing no HTML objects
- Fixed an issue causing File –> Save (or File –> Open) dialogs not being displayed when executing tests
- Fixed automating web content in WKWebView objects that are created declaratively in the builder interface
This release provides a number of other code improvements and bug fixes. The 6.5.1 Release Notes provides a detailed list of all changes. The upcoming major release Squish 7.0 will offer new features for users of all editions, including a new product, Squish Test Center, a configurable, lightweight test database which aggregates your GUI tests in one place, for further analysis and reporting.
Download & Evaluation
Customers and existing evaluators can find the Squish 6.5.1 packages in their download area. New evaluators are welcome to request a free, fully-supported and fully-functional trial.
Squish Days Europe 2019
Our first-annual international users conference takes place this October 17th-18th in Munich. We offer full-day Squish training sessions for users of all proficiencies, multiple talks given by our developers and others in the Squish and Coco communities, plenty of chances to network with fellow users and a live support desk available throughout the conference. You can register you or your team here.