The Squish team is pleased to deliver a maintenance release of the Squish GUI Tester, version 6.7.2, available now for download.
Squish is a complete tool for automated GUI testing of multi-platform applications. New to Squish? Try us out today.
Highlights from the Changelog
- Enabled stacktraces for warnings in Squish test results.
Qt Application Testing
- Fixed crashes on
squishserverwas built with Qt 6.1 or newer.
- Resolved compatibility issues with
qtbuiltinhook.prifor Qt 6 on Android. Before,
qmakewould print an error requiring a minimum Qt version.
- Fixed Qt menubar recording and replay on macOS for Qt 6.0 and newer.
Windows Application Testing
- Fixed a regression which prevented verification of screenshot VPs on Windows.
macOS & iOS Application Testing
nativeTypeon macOS 12 Monterey.
nativeTypekey combinations would often only work on a first attempt; subsequent attempts would trigger the invalid hotkey pressed system sound on macOS.
Web Application Testing
- Resolved an issue in Visual Studio Code and other Chromium-based applications which prevented, in particular, script recording and object picking.
For the complete list of bug fixes and improvements, check out the Squish 6.7.2 Release Notes.
What’s Next in Squish 7
We’re excited to deliver Squish 7 as the next release in our development schedule. Here are a couple of the big features in the works:
- Video Capturing: The Squish 7 series enables users to capture video recordings of test
executions as a debugging aid and as a method of test documentation for quality purposes. This feature syncs the recorded video with the results, meaning you can jump back to a failure point or view the video and corresponding highlighted entries in the test script side-by-side.
- Qt 6.2.x support: With Squish 7, testing Qt applications based on Qt 6.2.x will be officially supported.
Give Feedback & Get Support
Let us know how we’re doing, and what you’d like to see in our products, via the comments
You can also reach our team, anytime, for questions big or small: