Hamburg, Germany – 2012-03-30 froglogic GmbH today announced a maintenance release of Squish Coco, a complete C and C++ code coverage tool chain for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix.
Among others Squish Coco 2.0.2 incorporates the following improvements:
- Improved speed of HTML report generation.
- Support for the BOOST_FOREACH macro.
- Path handling fixes in the compiler and linker wrappers.
- More convenient defaults for instrumentation level and Qt support.
- Support for the Microsoft extension keywords __try and __finally in C code.
See the release notes found in the documentation for a more detailed list.
About Squish Coco
Squish Coco is a complete code coverage tool chain for C and C++ applications that can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix. Squish Coco provides a wrapper for standard compilers (including GCC and Visual Studio) that instruments the source code that the compiler sees (without touching the original code). If the instrumented application’s test suite is run the application will report all kinds of useful information, including:
- Dead (never executed) code.
- Optimal test execution order so as to maximize the overall test coverage for each run.
- Redundant tests.
- Untested code.
In addition, Squish Coco can compare two different versions of an application (e.g., current and candidate releases) to see what effects their differences have on their tests and test coverage.
Squish Coco can be used at every stage of testing and in conjunction with every kind of testing method (unit tests, automated tests, manual tests, etc.), and can collect and merge different tests’ execution reports to support advanced analysis.
Squish Coco consists of two tools and an optional add-on:
- CoverageScanner—this tool analyzes and instruments C and C++ applications.
- CoverageBrowser—this tool provides an easy to use GUI which can manage and display the coverage analysis results.
- An optional Microsoft Visual Studio add-on, which can generate code coverage configurations for C and C++ projects directly from inside the Visual Studio IDE.
Squish Coco supports the following kinds of coverage:
- Condition coverage
- Condition/decision coverage
- Decision coverage
- Function coverage
- Statement coverage
More information about Squish Coco can be found on its product page.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA and UK with ca. 1,500 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic’s offering now includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. More about froglogic is at https://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.