Hamburg, Germany – 2004-07-14 froglogic today announced the availability of a preview of Squish 1.2, the new version of the automated GUI testing framework for Qt applications.
“The development of Squish 1.2 was completely driven by our customers’ feedback. We now have the feeling that the most requested improvements have been implemented. So we decided to release the current development version of Squish as a preview to our customers so we can incorporate the feedback into the final release”, said Reginald Stadlbauer, froglogic Director of Development.
The main new features of Squish 1.2 are:
- Improvements to the Squish Debugger: The Squish Debugger now allows to execute a test case until a specified point (breakpoint) and it is possible to continue recording from there. This makes it much easier to add new functionality and tests to a test case without having to repeat the initial steps over and over again.
- More Flexible Installation: Support for sharing of Squish installations between multiple machines has been simplified. This allows to compile Squish once and distribute it to many machines on the same site without problems.
- More Flexible Configuration: When running tests against different versions of an application it is be possible to store the test suite settings (arguments, environment variables, paths, etc.) depending on the version of the AUT. This way testing multiple versions of an application is possible without additional administration efforts.
The Smaller improvements include:
- When the AUT crashes during recording a script, the script until the crash is recorded
- Usability improvements in the Squish IDE
- More options when recording regarding synchronization points
- Improved documentation with more examples on testing specific Qt widgets
- It is possible to pass additional user-specific arguments to test.compare() and related commands which can be used when post-process the test results.
- It is possible to specify the current working directory for the AUT
- Error reporting has been improved
Squish customers and evaluators can now find this preview of Squish 1.2 in their download area. For more information about Squish and its price and licensing, visit https://www.froglogic.com/squish. If you would like to evaluate or buy Squish, please contact us at email@example.com.
The final version of Squish 1.2 is expected to be released by the end of August.
froglogic GmbH is a software company offering Qt consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More about froglogic at www.froglogic.com.