Hamburg, Germany – 2011-04-19 froglogic GmbH today announced that Squish 4.1 Beta 1—a new feature release of the Squish GUI Testing Tool—is now available.
Squish and all the tests created with it, are completely cross-platform, and work on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux.
Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in hundreds of companies both large and small, including, for example, ARM, American Power Conversion, EADS, Ericsson, France Telecom Group, General Electric, Reuters Financial Software, Siemens, Synopsys and Xilinx.
Squish 4.1 will deliver major new features including:
- Many improvements to the Squish IDE, with highlights including tools to tune image verifications, support for globally shared scripts, improved code formatting, using PyDev as the default Python editor, and the ability to add the Squish IDE to Eclipse as a plug-in
- Image verifications can be tuned to use different algorithms and tolerance levels for fuzzy comparisons
- Improved packaging and simpler installation
- Squish for iPhone’s improvements include support for grabbing screenshots and for executing screenshot verifications as well as better scrolling and gesture support
- Squish for Java’s improvements include support for testing Cocoa SWT GUIs and better test script portability
- Squish for Mac’s improvements include support for testing 64-bit Cocoa GUIs
- Squish for Qt’s improvements include dedicated support for QML and the ability to eavesdrop on Qt signals in test scripts
- Squish for Web’s improvements include support for testing on more browsers, such as Chrome and Opera, as well as Safari on iPhone
- Squish for Windows’s improvements include support for dynamically accessing .NET and COM properties and methods, and support for third-party controls such as Infragistics NetAdvantage.
A detailed list of changes since Squish 4.1 is available at https://doc.froglogic.com/squish/4.1/all/rel-410beta1.html
“Squish 4.0 brought our users a greatly improved GUI Test Automation tool compared with earlier versions, and has proved to be a huge success. For Squish 4.1 we focused specifically on the improvements and features that our users requested, and we are really excited to be delivering this new release with so many valuable improvements for all our Squish editions.”—Harri Porten, CTO and co-founder of froglogic. “We hope that many of our users will take the opportunity to try out this beta release and give us feedback so that when we release Squish 4.1 final—scheduled for early Summer 2011—it will be the most stable and feature-complete version yet.”
The Squish 4.1 Beta 1 is now available to froglogic’s customers and evaluators and can be found in the Download Area. If you are interested in Squish or would like to learn more about Squish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
A free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish is available at https://www.froglogic.com/evaluate.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC and .NET, iOS Cocoa Touch and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in different web browsers. More about froglogic is at https://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.