Squish tip of the week: How to automate your BDD test scenarios
Did you know that you can automate your existing BDD test scenarios using Squish 6.0?
Have any existing scenarios in Gherkin? If not, no worries, creating them is as easy as writing in your native language.
Automate your BDD scenarios in 3 easy steps:
- Copy and paste (or write) the Gherkin scenario in a Squish BDD Test Case
Feature: Valid conversion Scenario: Convert meter in centimeter Given the Unit Converter is running When I enter 378.9 And choose to convert from Meters And choose to convert to Centimeters And click Convert Then 37890 should be displayed in the result field
- Click Record
- Follow the Control Bar as it walks you through recording each step in the scenario
That’s it! Your BDD scenario is automated. Just click Run to play it back!
Watch this 10 minute video to learn more
Or request an evaluation of Squish 6.0 Beta, and follow the online tutorials:
BDD tutorials by Squish Edition
- Select your Squish edition-specific tutorial (i.e. Qt, Android, Java, etc.) from this list of tutorials
- Click Tutorial: Designing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Tests
Don’t forget to sign up for our upcoming webinars:
- Building Interoperable Software – a panel discussion (July 23)
- How to Improve Testing Coverage with Automated Code Coverage Analysis (July 28)
- Squish 6.0 Beta Release Webinar – Learn Squish with BDD & More! (July 29)
- Full Webinar Schedule