Question: Is it possible for Squish to hook into (interact with) an application that was started manually?
- Start the application using start*aut instead of starting it directly:
startaut --port=&lt;portNumber&gt; &lt;AUT_PATH&gt;
- Register the AUT as an Attachable AUT
Using start*aut you can playback or interact with a running application using Squish, because the hook is already loaded and ready.
- Update your Test Suite Setting’s Application list to use <No Application>
- Now when you record, the Record Settings window displays where you can select to use the running application
Simplify starting the AUT
Create a shell or batch file and use it instead of the direct AUT executable to start your application.
C:\squish\bin\startaut --port=9999 C:\myApplication.exe
- androidobserver for android AUTs
- startaut for Qt, Mac OS X, and Tk AUTs
- startjavaaut for Java AUTs
- startwinaut for native Windows AUTs