Hamburg, Germany – 2005-08-12 froglogic GmbH today announced the availability of a first beta of Squish 2.0, the new version of the most advanced automated GUI testing framework for Qt applications.
The main new features of Squish 2.0 are:
- Support for Trolltech’s new Qt 4.0 on all platforms has been added in addition to Qt 2.3/Embedded, Qt 3.x (all platforms) support. The Qt 4.0 support is equal to Qt 2.3 and 3.x support including event compression for new complex widgets such as the item view widgets.
- Major speed improvements when executing tests or using Squish Spy.
- Major improvements for Squish on MacOS X.
- Completely reworked and extended documentation.
- Major usability improvements in Squish Spy when inserting verification points for object properties and screen shots.
- Also non-QObject objects such as list view and menu items can be accessed in Squish Spy now to allow inserting verification points for such objects without the need of writing script code.
- Improved verification point handling with additional script API and a verification point editor in the Squish IDE.
- Support for executing and controlling/testing multiple applications from one test script. This is specially useful when testing the interaction between different applications or multiple instances of the same applications such as in a client/server environment.
- New script API for advanced synchronization points such as waiting for a condition to become true (e.g. the value of a property changes, an object becomes visible, etc.)
- New script API to install event handlers. This allows to e.g. deal with error messages popping up unexpectedly during a test run.
- Improved error handling and diagnostics.
Squish customers and evaluators can now find Squish 2.0 beta packages in their download area. For more information about Squish and its price and licensing, visit https://www.froglogic.com/squish. If you would like to evaluate or buy Squish, please contact us at email@example.com.
froglogic GmbH is a software company offering Qt consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More about froglogic at https://www.froglogic.com.