Hamburg, Germany – 2009-08-31 froglogic GmbH today announced that a technology preview of Squish 4—a major new release—is now available.
Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in hundreds of companies both large and small, including, for example, EADS, Ericsson, France Telecom Group, Reuters Financial Software, Siemens, Synopsys, and Xilinx.
Squish 4.0 will come with major new features including:
- A completely new cross-platform test development environment based on Eclipse technology, and offering a much more convenient and powerful environment for creating and maintaining Squish tests.
- New editions to automate GUI tests for native Windows and .NET applications, and also for Cocoa Touch iPhone applications.
- Several major improvements in the existing Squish editions, including advanced support for complex controls (e.g., Qt’s QGraphicsView and QtWebKit), an extension plugin system for all Squish editions, improved and more convenient script APIs, and many more.
- Full support for the testing of hybrid GUI applications, such as those with web content embedded in a desktop GUI, and for native Windows controls embedded in Java, Qt, or Web GUIs.
- A new Squish plugin to integrate Squish test runs into the Hudson framework.
- Greatly improved documentation with many more tutorials, examples, and test code snippets.
“This technology preview will give our customers the chance to try out most of the new and exciting features that are the product of over a year’s intensive development. Customers will also find that while the new test APIs are easier and better than the old ones, all their existing tests will still work correctly with Squish 4.0, since it is fully backward compatible.”—Clemens Anhuth, froglogic’s Customer Support & QA manager.
“We are hoping to receive a lot of feedback about the technology preview that we can then incorporate into the development process to ensure that we deliver a superb new Squish 4.0 release this fall.”—Reginald Stadlbauer, CEO and co-founder of froglogic.
A webinar to present the new Squish test development environment will be held on September 3, 2009.
The technology preview is now available to froglogic’s customers. If you are interested in Squish or would like to learn more about this technology preview please contact email@example.com or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in different web browsers. froglogic also offers services in the areas QA/automated testing and Qt C++ programming and consulting. More about froglogic at https://www.froglogic.com.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.